After a busy week at work, it’s time to relax and enjoy the time with your family and playing games. If you didn’t follow all the gaming news, new game releases, and all the articles we brought to you here at LifeisXbox, don’t worry. We have here a wrap-up with the most relevant information for you.
Here is our Weekly Recap from May 16 to May 22!
When the subject is new games, we had a busy week in the Xbox world, thanks to the 20 new games that hit the Store this week. Know each one of the releases:
- 0 Degrees, from Eastasiasoft Limited, Nerd Games, Kiddo Dev. Link.
- Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield, from Aerial_Knight. Link.
- Chess Knights: Shinobi, from Minimol Games. Link.
- Cosmic Top Secret, from Klassefilm / Those Eyes. Link.
- Crossroads Inn, from Klabater. Link.
- Guards, from Battlecruiser Games. Link.
- Gutwhale, from Stuffed Wombat. Link.
- Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl, from Interabang Entertainment. Link.
- Just Die Already, from Double Moose. Link.
- Knockout City, from Velan Studios. Link.
- Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice, from CrazyBunch. Link.
- Outbreak: Endless Nightmares, from Dead Drop Studios LLC. Link.
- Rise of the Slime, from Bunkovsky Games. Link.
- Rising Hell, from Tahoe Games / Toge Productions. Link.
- Rust Console Edition, from Double Eleven Ltd. / Facepunch Studios Ltd. Link.
- Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition, from Failbetter Games. Link.
- Sure Footing, from Table Flip Games Ltd. Link.
- Tank Mechanic Simulator, from Console Labs S.A/DeGenerals. Link.
- Techno Tanks, from EpiXR Games. Link.
- The Wild at Heart, from Moonlight Kids. Link.
We covered a few of these games, publishing our reviews on the day of their release. There are still a few more reviews and articles being prepared by our team. Soon you will get to know more about these games from our editors’ perspective, with an honest and unbiased opinion about them.
Some older games received content this week. Let’s know what games and what new content is now available for them:
- SnowRunner, from Saber Interactive, received its Season 4: New Frontiers update, bringing new missions in Russia, four large maps, two new vehicles, and new add-ons.
- Oh, this one our writer Vicci will enjoy: the gods MOBA from Hi-Rez Studios SMITE received a new Battleplass from Monstercat, the Canadian electronic music recorder! And along with the Battlepass comes a new bundle: The SMITE x Monstercat Plus Bundle contains new skins and voice packs for some of your favorite characters.
- Outward, the RPG from Nine Dots Studio and Deep Silver, received a new DLC and, with it, a new bundle. Outward: The Adventurer Bundle contains the base game and both its DLCs, The Soroboreans, and the new adventure The Three Brothers.
- Apex Legends, from Respawn Entertainment, received a bundle focused on the character Mirage. The Apex Legends – Mirage Edition contains the base game, a new character skin, a weapon skin, a gun charm, a badge, and 1.000 Apex Coins.
- The Season Three of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Call of Duty Warzone has just become even bolder with the skin based on 80s action movies heroes! Play as Rambo and John McClane in your favorite FPS and let your mullets do the magic!
- Marvel’s Avengers, from Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal, has a new event running as you read it: the Red Room Takeover Event will last until May 31. Can you survive Yelena Belova’s takeover?
- The F2P game Techwars Global Conflict received a new bundle by the name of Techwars Global Conflict – Times of Prosperity Pack that comes with the base game and six premium skins.
- Port Royale 4, from Gaming Minds Studios, received the Buccaneers DLC. This new content introduces the ‘Buccaneer’ mode to Free Game, where you can now dedicate yourself to privateering.
This week on LifeisXbox
Take a look at all the new content our editors brought to you this week:
I need to say I’ve been missing Alexis reviews at LifeisXbox these last few weeks – and I’m sure you missed them too. So here’s his review for Squad Killer.
Besides pulling the strings of the team, Jimmy reviewed the first DLC for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Wrath of the Druids.
Michael previewed the turn-based RPG The Hand of Merlin. The game is available on Early Access and it looks promising!
Game Pass Additions
Game. Pass. Doesn’t. Stop! This week, Xbox Game Pass subscribers received four new titles:
- SnowRunner for Cloud, Console, and PCs
- Peggle 2 for Cloud (EA Play game)
- Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville for Cloud (EA Play game)
- Secret Neighbor for PCs
- The Catch: Carp & Coarse Fishing for Cloud, Console, and PCs
- The Wild at Heart for Console and PCs
- Knockout City for Console and PCs (EA Play game)
And here is our gossip corner, bringing rumors about new projects, new acquisitions, and everything that has been buzzing this week.
It’s important to remember that we have no inside info or knowledge about these projects or deals. Our only goal here is to share with our readers the most relevant rumors of the week.
- Starfield will be exclusive to PCs and Xbox consoles. We already knew future titles from Bethesda would be exclusive to Microsoft platforms. Still, no one believed this title would be exclusive. Well, lucky us =)
- A series of videos of Psychonauts 2 has been shared on Twitter, and the game is looking great! Its lead artist mentioned he’s delighted with the game’s result and looking forward for people to play it!
- The register for Evil Within has been renewed. Maybe it’s just bureaucracy… but maybe, just maybe, there’re plans for a third installment of the series in the making. Maybe…
- The Ascent release date has been revealed: On July 29, you will be able to play it on Xbox Game Pass because it will be available there on Day 1.
- There’s a Resident Evil 4 Remake in the works for the new generation and PCs. Is this reason enough for you to upgrade to an Xbox Series?
- There’s an open beta for Chivalry 2 programmed for May 27. I don’t know about you, but I’ll be there broadening my sword on the battlefield!
- GTA V for the new generation is coming on November 11. I believe there are more copies of the game sold than consoles on the market, and Rockstar knows it will sell millions of copies. Again.
Well, that’s it for our weekly recap.
Let us know what you think about this initiative and what else you would like to see here.
Have a great weekend. See you next Monday!
With a history of gaming that goes from his old man’s Atari 2600 to his Xbox One, Rafael or RAF687, our Brazilian editor, has a love for games as old as he can remember. He has already spent countless hours in many consoles (Mega Drive/Genesis, Sega Saturn, PS1, PS2 and Xbox 360) and is always ready for more (as long as his wife is asleep). Raf has been writing for LifeisXbox since 2017, with a passion for games of almost all genres – though we know he has a special place in his heart for RPGs, racing games and anything that includes pixel art. Writing about games has always been a childhood dream to Raf, dream that he has fulfilled reviewing games for you here. You can drop him a message at Twitter, Facebook or Xbox Live at any time.