Gamers, it’s over with complaining that Xbox One doesn’t have a good baseball game. Yeah, I know Super Mega Baseball doesn’t have the MLB license but who needs that when you have a game that’s fun?
— Who needs realism when you have cartoon-like heroes?
I had literally no clue how people played baseball, so I was kinda scared throwing myself in Super Mega Baseball but to my surprise the developer made a really easy tutorial without lots of boring dialogue so everyone can understand the game. You learn while playing and that’s the best way forward. The game has this cute cartoon-like funny feeling all over it and a well-crafted control system for throwing and hitting the ball. Don’t start this game thinking “ill play this for three hours straight” it’s not a bad thing but this game is made for short game sessions. And I think the developer would agree with this. No MLB license might be a disappointing thing for real die-hard baseball fans but with a deep Custom character toolset you can create everyone you like in a short time frame. The only real negative element about the game is no online multiplayer but you can play local with your friends.
- Really designed for short game sessions
- Deep custom character ability so you can recreate whoever you want
- Topnotch tutorial so everyone understands the game
- The battle between the pitching and batting is fun, balanced and addictive
- Multiple leveling systems to keep an eye on
- A good arcade baseball game was more than welcome for Xbox One
- No online multiplayer
- The fielding (catching the ball) lacks something special
- A few more modes would have been welcome
Founder | Editor-in-chief | Social Media Manager
Gaming is a passion and I wanted to share my Xbox enthusiasm. That’s why I started LifeisXbox, to make sure gamers all around the world know what games they should buy or avoid. I would like to thank you for visiting my website. Your support is very welcome and I hope you stick around!