LifeisXbox’s Trader Life Simulator review | Trader Life Simulator is as the title suggests a simulation game, developed and published by Mohammed Qasriwa. This was the very first simulation game I have ever played of my own job. I work in a store and I had no idea what to expect from this. It was a weird experience coming from work just to continue at home. I wish I could just tell my boss I’m working from home now, haha.
We played Trader Life Simulator for 5 hours on PC. Exclusively playable on Steam.
What we liked!
- The start | You get dropped in your own house, given some little tutorials, and on you go to your store. It’s completely empty except for some products you can put on a shelf to get you started. Now it is up to you. First, you’ll have to go to the local store, to get products to sell. At the start, it will be small stuff like toothpaste or maybe oranges. Then put that in the back of the car and drive back to your store to put it on the shelves. At first, I was excited about what was to come. But then…
- Delivery | If you get tired from driving to the supply store and back to your store, you can let it get delivered to your store. However, this doesn’t get properly explained, in my opinion, and I had to search around how to make this work. After some running around like a potato, I found out I needed to put money on my Visa Card and then go to the PC in my store to order it. So getting it delivered is lovely but having to do the payment every time is so obnoxious. More on that down below.
What we disliked
- After the start | After my starting phase it got kind of boring quickly. This game does what it wants to do but I was looking for more. While getting your products out of the box you buy them in, they randomly get a different color, or with some products like shampoo they completely change shape. I like my shop to look neat but it is a shame this isn’t supported by the game. Putting things straight is an accomplishment by itself and then also having the products look different… It just wasn’t my thing.
- Expensive | Everything you would like to buy like a coffee machine or just a good-looking shelf costs so much. I get that they might have done that to give the game more playtime but why not put in more options instead. Going from a shelf that’s $150 each to suddenly having to get over $500 is quite a jump in this game. Especially if you keep in mind that there are other things you have to pay for as well.
- Payment | Trader Life Simulator has a really annoying payment system. It is realistic, I guess, but I don’t see why this is needed at all. So you have the money you have on you. Then you have the money in the bank and the money you have on your Visa Card. To get the money from your pocket to your visa you need to run to the bank across the street, talk to the good sir there, and put it on your bank account to put it on the Visa Card from there. And if you get further in Trader Life Simulator you will use that a hell of a lot. Wich, in my opinion, got really annoying and didn’t add anything positive to the game experience.
- Customers and people outside | In Trader Life Simulator the customers just appear at your register. They all look about the same and are really bland. I would have liked to see them walk around the store and pick what I had to sell. Maybe see what things they are thinking about buying, but there is none of that. They come for one item and if you don’t have that one it pops up as “NO SHAMPOO” and poof customer gone again. I would have liked to see more of a thought system as Rollercoaster Tycoon has. And then there are the randomly flying people outside… Guess my city had a lot of supermans.
LifeisXbox.eu is the largest Belgian Xbox centered website, your reading time is greatly appreciated! Please consider sharing this review with your friends on social media, that means a lot for us! If you are Dutch speaking also consider joining our Dutch exclusive Facebook group Xbox Gamers Belgium. Feel free to use quotes for PR purposes.
Hello, My name is Michelle, and I’m 26 years old. I’ve been gaming as long as I can remember and love to go into fantasy worlds with a great story. Recently discovered shooters as well. Even tho my aim is not the best I still find it fun. I really hope I can help you find the best games.