Are you ready for a puzzle game that will make your head crumble while purring to victory? Then I have just the game for you! Of Mice and Moggies is a puzzle game made and published by Bippinbits. It looks extremely cute but don’t let the looks of this game fool you. You are a cat, hungry, hunting for food: mice, bunnies, even lizards! And I must say, this is not an easy puzzle game at all. I’ve played my fair share of puzzle games and I never had to think this much and long… even in the tutorials… ah my head hurts!
We played Of Mice and Moggies for 4 hours on PC.
What we liked!
- The art style and animations: This is Pixel art done how it’s supposed to be done. All the animals are well animated and look cute as heck. The details are there like there are animations when you are idle (Crunching in your head thinking of your next step). For example, a little mole coming out of the ground or a lizard trying to snap its tongue at a fly. I find this well done for such a simple-looking game. And! Very important! When you complete the level, your cat will do the cutest purr EVER!!
- Gameplay: As I mentioned above, this game is not easy. But that has its charm. Everything it wants to do, it does well. Does it want to be a difficult puzzle game (difficult is one of the tags on Steam for this game)? Well, that’s accomplished. But how? Well, you are a cat hunting different kinds of prey, and each one of them acts differently to you approaching them. A mouse just runs away one step, a bunny hops 2 steps and can jump over rocks, and then there are lizards, who as soon as they see you run off until they can’t anymore. Real drama queens, those lizards, haha. Then there are for example rocks, bushes, and tall grass which all make the game different as well. Those are only examples, but I hope it gives you an idea of how hard this game is, while also showing you the beauty of it.
- Make your own levels!: Yes, indeed you can make your own levels in this game! And even put them online for others to play! So even though there is no co-op in this game you can still enjoy this game together with friends by just playing the same level, or by creating a level yourself and sending it to your friend. Isn’t that a nice touch!?
- Music: What music? For most of the game, there is no music. Only in “boss puzzles”. But mostly it’s just nature sounds. I guess it’s kind of chill but why not give me the option to turn on boss music whenever I want, instead of only having it in so little of the levels. Also, when you listen to nature sounds, it’s easy to hear when it replays. You can hear it starting over again, I didn’t like that part.
What we disliked
- Patience: I lost my patience at some levels and just went some other way on the map. There is no help button, there is nothing you can do if you are stuck. You can skip 3 levels, but after that, you need to complete the levels you skipped to be able to skip again. I would recommend giving a hint button for the less patient like myself.
LifeisXbox.eu is the largest Belgian Xbox centered website, your reading time is greatly appreciated! Please consider sharing this review with your friends on social media, that means a lot for us! If you are Dutch speaking also consider joining our Dutch exclusive Facebook group Xbox Gamers Belgium. Feel free to use quotes for PR purposes.
Hello, My name is Michelle, and I’m 26 years old. I’ve been gaming as long as I can remember and love to go into fantasy worlds with a great story. Recently discovered shooters as well. Even tho my aim is not the best I still find it fun. I really hope I can help you find the best games.