Super Night Riders is a retro racer with motorbikes, made by just one French guy. Let that not fool you, Xbox One has a few pretty good games made by one guy. But is Super Night Riders one of them? Let’s find out in this review!
Size: 246 MB
I played Super Night Riders three hours before writing this review, LifeisXbox received a review code from the developer.
- Super Night Riders is clearly inspired by old videogame racers, my Pole Position (Namco) memories came back while playing the game.
- The game requires your full concentration, beating the counting clock with high speed gameplay brings excitement that you don’t have with other racing games.
- It’s a shame that avoiding other motorbikes doesn’t require skill, you just need to memorise the patterns.
- Visuals are very repetitive, I did like the art style though,more variation would have been welcome.
- Visuals aren’t the only thing that’s repetitive. Sadly the gameplay becomes rather dull after a few stages.
- Some annoying frame rate stuttering that cause distraction and frustration.
- $10 isn’t much in today’s gaming industry (on consoles) but it’s still a little on the expensive side for what you get.
- The motorbike sound is simple terrible, I think it’s a recording from a vacuum cleaner.
Score: 31% | Super Night Riders is only for gamers that want to experience old school racing videogames. I really respect the developer making the game alone but that can’t be an excuse. GunWorld 2, Thomas Was Alone and Dust: An Elysian Tale proof that one person developers can bring out good games too.
Founder | Editor-in-chief | Social Media Manager
Gaming is a passion and I wanted to share my Xbox enthusiasm. That’s why I started LifeisXbox, to make sure gamers all around the world know what games they should buy or avoid. I would like to thank you for visiting my website. Your support is very welcome and I hope you stick around!