LifeisXbox’s Dino Galaxy Tennis review | Want to play tennis all over the universe while being a dino? Well, I thought you were going to say hell yeah! You really need to check out Vixa Games’ new game Dino Galaxy Tennis. With your short arms running around the planet while earning badges for defeating the leaders of different kind of planets, almost sounds too good to be true, so let’s check it out!
We played Dino Galaxy Tennis for 5 hours on PC. This game is also available on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Mac OS.
What we liked!
- Story | Dino Galaxy Tennis has a fun story revolving about Eddy and Dexter who want to become Galaxy Tennis champions. In order to do this, they have to collect all the badges which no one has accomplished in a very long time. During the game, you will have to hop from planet to planet in order to collect these badges, but it isn’t as easy as it sounds. To get a badge you will need to complete certain challenges such as smash away some asteroids that are flying towards the planet that you are on and win a couple of matches, which, of course, gets harder the further along you progress in-game.
- Difficulty | I already mentioned it in the part above, but the game gets harder while you are progressing, so in the end, you will have to play at a top-level to beat the game. Everything starts off easy and you will be guided through the controls in order to get familiar with them, and every new feature that they add will be explained in detail.
- Game modes | Dino Galaxy Tennis offers three different game modes. First of all, there is the story where it’s your job to become the Galaxy Tennis champion. Then there is the VS mode, where you can play against friends or against the AI’s in custom matches which you can set up just the way you want. And lastly, there are challenges where you can try to climb your way to the top of the leaderboards. These different game modes keep the game fun and challenging.
- Multiplayer | One of the things that I loved the most about Dino Galaxy Tennis is that everything is playable in co-op mode. The story can be duo-ed as long as you have 2 controllers. And believe me, the game is even more fun when you are playing with a friend! Of course in the VS mode, you can even play against each other so you can settle for once to see who’s the best at the game.
- Design | The graphics in Dino Galaxy Tennis are very cartoony. This is complemented by a fun and futuristic soundtrack which just won’t get boring. Everything fits right in with the galactic theme that the developers wanted to make with this game and I can’t deny the fact that they succeeded at this!
- Controls | The controls of the game are fairly simple and there isn’t anything that’s hard to learn. Yet, sometimes I found that they might not really do what you are trying to do, and yes it might be part of the game which makes it more challenging, but sometimes it also really frustrated me so I felt like I had to mention it.
What we disliked
- Nothing | While playing Dino Galaxy Tennis I didn’t encounter antying that I disliked about it!
LifeisXbox.eu is the largest Belgian Xbox centered website, your reading time is greatly appreciated! Please consider sharing this review with your friends on social media, that means a lot for us! If you are Dutch speaking also consider joining our Dutch exclusive Facebook group Xbox Gamers Belgium. Feel free to use quotes for PR purposes.