LifeisXbox’s 3 out of 10: Season One review | 3 out of 10 is the new “game” created by Terrible Posture Games (Towers of Guns & Mothergunship), and they define it, as an interactive sitcom that follows the adventures of a video game studio with a bad reputation: none of their games has achieved a mark higher than 3 out of 10 … although they try to make that change with their new work: Surfing with Sharks, an endless runner…with an ending.
We played 3 out of 10: Season one for about 6 hours on Xbox Series X. This game is also available on PC & Nintendo Switch.
What we liked!
- A very funny sitcom | The premise of this title is peculiar: 3 out of 10 narrates the misadventures of the “worst video game studio in the world”, satirizing with great humor some of the situations that usually occur in this particular industry. From problems with critics to internal problems about what genre the game should be, 3 out of 10 is a comedy that could easily be on television or any series subscription.
- A different way to play | Its creators define it as a playable sitcom, so most of the game is animated scenes that could easily pass for a television series. However, it also has numerous mini-games that make each episode of this game more bearable and fun. Normally, everyone would think that it is a graphic novel like Telltale Games style, but no, 3 out of 10 shines with its own style, a game in which we are spectators enjoying a very hilarious story
- The minigames are simple but they contribute a lot | As we progress through the game, the minigames always accompany the story and that is something that contributes a lot to the game. For example, we will be able to test the game that this company is creating, we will be able to participate in a paintball war, etc.
- An acceptable duration | 3 out of 10 will be divided into seasons, each season consists of 5 episodes. Playing the first 5 episodes of the first season, I could notice that each episode lasts around 30 minutes. Obviously, they can be more, since sometimes, the game will let us “walk” freely around the stage in search of secrets, “gags” or interacting with it, obviously, that adds a plus to the duration and our enjoyment.
- A regular amount of content | Although its a game and 5 episodes is a good amount considering what it is, seeing that it’s only five episodes, I felt that I wanted more. The story caught me a lot and I was enjoying playing and watching at the same time, it seemed that I was watching a series on Netflix and not playing and that is something that I liked a lot.
What we disliked
- Only one thing that I didn’t like | The only thing I don’t like about this title is that I won’t be able to continue watching the history of this disastrous video game studio until the second season is released. The second season of 3 out of 10 will be released on April 8 for PC, since we don’t know if they will decide to launch it also for console or they will wait as with the first season
LifeisXbox.eu is the largest Belgian Xbox centered website, your reading time is greatly appreciated! Please consider sharing this review with your friends on social media, that means a lot for us! If you are Dutch speaking also consider joining our Dutch exclusive Facebook group Xbox Gamers Belgium. Feel free to use quotes for PR purposes.