After a whole year of waiting and speculating, finally, pc-gamers get the chance to play Red Dead Redemption 2 by Rockstar Gamers. When the game came out for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, it belonged to the best games out there for those platforms, and with the PC release, I’m sure Rockstar Games is aiming for that once again. So, I went ahead, took my horse and started walking around to see what this game has to offer for PC.
What we liked!
- Graphics: When you have been playing Red Dead Redemption for a while, you can’t go around the fact that everything looks absolutely perfect, there aren’t any flaws to the look of the game and it even gives a realistic feel. Yes, the expectations were already high, but the fact that Rockstar Games also delivered it to the PC is fantastic. Even if you don’t like the game you will have to admit that they really paid attention to everything.
- Story: When you look at other games that are developed by Rockstar, you’ll notice that every game has a great and big story in it, just look at the GTA games the other pearls the created, and for Red Dead Redemption 2 there is no difference. With a story that takes somewhere between 40 to 60 hours to complete. There is a lot to experience a witness and it’s definitely worth it.
- Feels real: Where the graphics are there to give a realistic look to everything, another aspect to make sure that the games feel real are the characters that you encounter/meet. And they do! The further I progressed in the game the more intrigued I got with some of the characters and how they develop throughout the game. In my opinion, it made the game a lot better than what it already was!
- Big: One thing that you can’t deny about Red Dead Redemption 2 is that it is a very very big game. Where I already mentioned that the story is somewhere between 40 to 60 hours. According to how long to beat it takes somewhere around the 160 hours to fully complete the game. And there is a lot to explore. There is a big world that looks stunning so my advice, take your time to look around and discover. Well, of course not when you need to shoot your opponent then be fast, like really fast.
- Cinematics: Another thing that I really liked while playing are the cinematics you encounter during the story. It almost looks like you are watching a real movie or anything like that, and it provides a nice switch during the gameplay.
- PC Requirments: There is one thing that will probably leave pc-players behind with mixed feelings. You’ll need a monster pc to run it on the best settings. It’s perfectly playable on lower settings, but then you’ll still need a very good pc in order to run it. And I can imagine not everyone is in the place where you can simply get one. I also strongly recommend that when you are about to play for the first time, you take a look at the settings. I didn’t and my pc made noises I never heard.
What we disliked
- Bugs: At the moment, there are still some bugs in the game that makes it harder to play, and that really needs to be fixed. But I’m sure that in the near future Rockstar Games will look after this to make their great game even better. And that’s really all the bad things I can come up with after playing Red Dead Redemption 2.
Red Dead Redemption 2, after a long wait the game finally came to the pc and it smashed the high expectations that everyone had of it. Everything looks stunning, you’ll 100% get intrigued by everything that is happing while playing. And if you are a fan of games that are produced by Rockstar or games with a nice story, I would strongly advise you to give Red Dead Redemption 2 a try!