LifeisXbox’s Let’s Sing 2023 review | Let’s Sing needs no introduction, the game speaks for itself: it’s a karaoke title that will help you sing along to your favourite songs and will score your results along the way. The game currently has a yearly release with new songs included unique to every edition and it comes out on pretty much all platforms.
It’s the perfect party game if you don’t mind your friends or family hearing your singing voice and can even be enjoyed by the youngest because they don’t need to master the use of a controller for once. The stand-alone release comes with 30 songs included, but you can purchase DLC packs to grow your track list.
Song List of Let’s Sing 2023:
|Ed Sheeran||Bad Habits|
|Billie Eilish||Happier Than Ever|
|Riton x Nightcrawlers ft. Mufasa & Hypeman||Friday|
|Ben E. King||Stand By Me|
|Rita Ora||Your Song|
|Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus||Old Town Road|
|David Guetta ft Justin Bieber||2U|
|Glass Animals||Heat Waves|
|The Kid LAROI||Without You|
|Tate McRae||you broke me first|
|Queen||I Want to Break Free|
|Charlie Puth||How long|
|Eiffel 65||Blue (Da Ba Dee)|
|Gotye ft. Kimbra||Somebody That I Used To Know|
|P!nk||Get The Party Started|
|Powfu ft. Beabadoobee||Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)|
|O-Zone||Dragostea Din Tei|
|Carl Douglas||Kung Fu Fighting|
|Meduza ft. Goodboys||Piece Of Your Heart|
|Coldplay X BTS||My Universe|
|Ofenbach ft. Lagique||Wasted Love|
|ATB x Topic x A7S||Your Love (9 PM)|
|Encanto||We Don’t Talk About Bruno|
|Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper||Shallow|
|Clean Bandit ft. Demi Lovato||Solo|
|Kungs||Never Going Home|
Got those vocal chords warmed up? Let’s Sing!
Most Memorable Moment
My own voice was suffering after the first night of singing, but luckily, my daughter had a friend come over for a sleepover the next day and they had a blast singing to songs they never heard before. It was a treat seeing them have so much fun with the game.
ℹ️ Reviewed on Nintendo Switch | Review copy provided by PLAION, this review is the personal opinion of the writer.
What we Liked!
- Great selection of songs in the 2023 edition | The biggest draw to this year’s version is the wonderful roster of songs to pick from, while not large in number, the quality is better than ever with Blue from Eiffel 65, We Don’t Talk About Bruno from Encanto (a favourite here) and songs like Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) even giving me some baritone options.
- Forgiving even for people who don’t have the best voice | Let’s Sing games don’t score you for how well you sing, it’s more about being able to keep a tone and matching the on-screen instructions. My daughter, who didn’t know English was able to get a decent score just by humming along.
- Original Music videos in the background | While singing along, the music video plays in the background, and this brings back nostalgic feelings of when we all used to watch MTV as kids.
- More of the same | Let’s Sing 2023 doesn’t do anything to innovate the formula and won’t offer anything new outside of the selection of songs included with the game. Players new to the game are better off buying a discounted or second-hand version of an older edition and paying for the extra DLC instead.
- Using your phone mic | Our version came bundled with a USB microphone and that offers a lot of advantages: Better voice recognition, your voice gets transferred to the game and blasts out of the speakers (though some may consider that a downside) and no connection issues. The alternative is using your smartphone and downloading the Let’s Sing Mic app. It’s a very small download size and requires you to be connected to the same wifi as the console + you’ll need to enter a code to confirm. On paper, up to 8 player can join through this method, but at that point you better sit far enough apart or your phone microphone will pick up the other voices. Not really a complaint about the game itself, more about the hardware restrictions this type of genre brings with it.
What we Disliked
- Amount of Songs | The yearly release and focus on selling add-on packs means that the main game doesn’t come with a lot of games (30 to be precise) and you’ll soon tire of singing the same songs over and over again.
- Getting new songs can be messy | My version of the game came with a code that would give me access to additional songs, but it never seemed to work. Then, when I tried to play certain modes, it would tell me to download the “free bundle from the store” but it just brought me to a list of $4.99 expansions or the bundle that has all paid DLC, no free “international songs” pack as advertised in the game’s pop-ups.
How long to beat the story | – doesn’t apply
How long to achieve 1000G | ~8 hours estimate
Please consider supporting us!
We’re on Patreon, just click here for the link. Every help in covering our expenses and rewarding our writers is welcome. Thank you so much!
Robby lives and breathes video games. When he’s not playing them, he’s talking about them on social media or convincing other people to pick up a controller themselves. He’s online so often, he could practically list the internet as his legal domicile. Belgian games-industry know-it-all.