LifeisXbox’s Food Truck Tycoon review | I don’t think you’ll have a hard time finding a more basic and simplistic game on Xbox. I don’t mean that as a bad thing! They flood you with it on your cell phone, games like Food Truck Tycoon but it is pretty rare on the Xbox platform. The tycoon part in the name will confuse you because it is not a tycoon game at all. In this title, you just have to make simple dishes that visitors come and ask for at your booth, a fresh coke, a bratwurst, or um… bread with mustard. All that with an oppressive time limit and four people at a time with different orders. Seriously though, before we continue… I really want to know if YOU are a person that would go to a food stand and ask for a slice of bread with freaking mustard and nothing else. Please contact me if you are such a person.
ℹ️ Reviewed on Xbox Series X | Review code provided by PR/publisher, this review is the personal opinion of the writer.
What we Liked!
- Perfect game to play if you only have a few minutes to sit down and pick up the controller | Most of you will likely pick up your mobile device if you have some spare minutes. Since this current Xbox generation, I find myself using that spare time on the Xbox platform and not on my mobile. With Quick Resume and a console that starts almost instantly. Food Truck Tycoon is a perfect game, in this case, the short levels have that typical mobile structure that honestly works perfectly for console gamers too.
- Awesome controls | I love a similar game on Xbox, Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2 but the controls get really complicated. Here’s where Food Truck Tycoon shines, the controls are easy enough for everyone. You pick up sausages and other food items with the A-button and drinks or desserts have their own buttons (L1 and R1). You clean up your workstation by pressing the right analog stick and picking up that important money with the Y-button. There are no complicated double-button or menu controls. A really important factor for the aimed casual audience!
- Gameplay | Chances are that you already played something like this or at least saw your parents or friend play something like this on their phone. Customers visit your stand with limited time and request what they want to eat. It is your job to prepare it on time without getting overwhelmed by all the other orders. You’ll be serving delicious sausages with ketchup or mustard, French fries, bread, salad, drinks, corndogs, or ice creams. A nice touch is that you can upgrade your food with earned coins, it will look visually different and you’ll earn more by serving it to customers.
- Not for long playing sessions | Don’t go buying this game with the expectation of losing yourself for hours and hours. If you play Food Truck Tycoon as intended, a few levels at a time, you’ll have a blast! The levels that take around one-to-two minutes are easy in the beginning but get challenging the more you progress.
- Decent visuals | Food Truck Tycoon has a pleasant visual style with a few cartoon touches, most noticeable with the diverse cast of customers. people working in restaurants say they always do it for a smile. With this title, you will notice that everyone comes to your food truck with a bright and big smile, your job is to keep it that way! Colorful and clean helps keep the gameplay simple, everything is clear so you never wonder what kind of ingredient is required.
What we Disliked
- Why is this called Food Truck Tycoon? (no point reduction) | I might be wrong with this but I don’t feel that this title should be called a tycoon game. What I expect from a tycoon game is something entirely different than a cooking simulation game. You know games like Two Point Campus, Zoo Tycoon, Cities Skyline, or in more professional terms city-builders or management games. Just a small thing I wanted to write as gamers might be expecting something else if they go by the name and don’t look at screenshots.
- Not for everyone | Even with the cheap price tag of €4, Food Truck Tycoon is and will remain a game that some will look at strangely. The gameplay is very basic, which unfortunately some will find boring. Personally, I did not mind at all but I feel obliged to pass this on.
How long to beat the story | 6 hours
How long to achieve 1000G | 8 hours
Please consider supporting us!
We’re on Patreon, just click here for the link. Every help in covering our expenses and rewarding our writers is welcome. Thank you so much!
Founder | Editor-in-chief | Social Media Manager
Gaming is a passion and I wanted to share my Xbox enthusiasm. That’s why I started LifeisXbox, to make sure gamers all around the world know what games they should buy or avoid. I would like to thank you for visiting my website. Your support is very welcome and I hope you stick around!