LifeisXbox’s F1 2021 review | It’s that time of the year again! The FIA Formula One World Championship is in the middle of the season, so it was only a matter of time before the new game was being released. And since today it’s finally here: F1 2021. Developed by Codemasters, F1 2021 offers some exciting new features such as Braking Point, where you participate in an exciting new story, a 2 player career mode, and a real season start. Let’s go straight to the review and see what I thought of this new title!
We played F1 2021 for 10 hours on Xbox Series X. This game is also available on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4/5, and Project Scarlett.
What we liked!
- Graphics | Can we just take a moment in silence to really appreciate the graphics in F1 2021, please? I mean the game looks absolutely amazing. Okay, it’s not as releastic as when you are watching the real deal on TV, but for a game it looks stunning. The menu’s, cars, tracks, drivers, everything is created with so much detail. For some part, I also need to thank the capacities of the Xbox Series X but the F1 games have always improved there graphics to get it on point with every game they have released in the past.
- Sound | Another thing that makes the F1 games super realistic is the sound, I mean you just need to hear the sound that those cars make, fantastic. The sound is further completed by some nice tunes that are playing in the menus and even the commentary sounds good, but this is the same as in every game. Codemaster clearly knows how to deliver graphic and sound-wise, and the 2021 version once again proves this.
- Game modes | As always, F1 games offer a nice variety of game modes such as the Grand Prix, Time Trial and career mode. But some of them I want to higlight because they made a great impression on me, such as the new 2-player career mode. Everything is more fun when you are playing together. The developers must have thought it would be and they couldn’t be more right. It’s fun to beat your friend in 1 race and it’s even more fun to beat them in an entire season. Another feature that they have added is a real season start with a car reveal etc. and ofcourse the new game mode Braking Point, which we will now dive into a little deeper.
- Braking Point | I’m not going to spoil anything regarding the story here so don’t worry about any spoilers. Braking Point is the new 3 season story mode for F1 2021. You will play as Aiden Jackson, an upcoming F2 driver who is aiming to be the new F1 champion in the future. You can expect a few familiar faces to show up in this mode such as fan favorite Devon Butler. Definitely a new mode worth checking out.
- Online | The online multiplayer option offers some great features. Personally, I really like the weekly event mode here. Througought the week you have a chance to race practice rounds and when you are ready you can race a qualification time which will give you a place on a global leaderboard. Once this is done you have to wait for the weekend where you can then compete against other players in an only race base on you time. Of course, you still have stupid people who’s goal it is to ruin everyone’s experience. But aside from this I really like the online play.
- Repetitive | This wasn’t the case for me but I can see that some people find this game very repetitive after a few races since you are doing the same thing over and over again. But if you mix up the different game modes this shouldn’t be a problem, in my opinion. Another thing that is very repetitive is that the faces of the reporters haven’t changed in over a 1000 years, I think they deserve a makeover by now.
What we disliked
- Nothing | While playing F1 2021 there was nothing that I disliked about this game!
How long to beat the story | –
How long to achieve 1000G | 50+ hours
Similar with | All the other F1 games
LifeisXbox.eu is the largest Belgian Xbox centered website, your reading time is greatly appreciated! Please consider sharing this review with your friends on social media, that means a lot for us! If you are Dutch speaking also consider joining our Dutch exclusive Facebook group Xbox Gamers Belgium. Feel free to use quotes for PR purposes.