Review Bombing Busters | Inspiring yourself as a game developer is important, learning from previous games made by other studios and improving mechanics or adding stuff isn’t a bad thing. For Bombing Busters however, I have a pretty big mixed feeling, it’s kinda like stealing a milk bottle and rebranding it with your name. Sure things look different and it has a few neat ideas but in all honesty I was playing nothing more than a Bomberman clone. Read more about this game in this review!
- Everyone knows Bomberman right? It has the exact same challenging but fun gameplay. You run around, drop a bomb and hope to hit an enemy and not yourself. Bombing Busters has a perfect learning curve, introducing new dangers in every world. Enemies are, mostly, intelligent enough to try and avoid the bomb explosions.
- Five worlds, for a total of 30 levels are available in the story mode. Each world has a new look and gameplay possibilities, keeping things fresh and fun. I had the most fun with the worlds boss fights, changing the typical Bomberman gameplay a little. Considering the game only costs €7 you get more than enough content to warrant the price.
- No online multiplayer, this might be the biggest disappointing thing about the game. Bombing Busters just screams for online battling with friends. Sadly it isn’t so …
- If controllers would only be €10 I would have broken a few while playing Bombing Busters. The amount of times I died because the game didn’t recognize that I was behind a rock, happened more times than fake alien sightings. So frustrating!
- Classical music isn’t really my thing but I don’t mind listening to it, Bombing Busters has a handful of famous classical tracks and they become a little repetitive after a few minutes. What totally grinds my gear is the awful sound effects.
Score 57% | Bomberman, oh no sorry … Bombing Busters is a game project that’s not really original. The developer played it a little too safe and failed to bring personality. It’s a fun and cheap game but it could have been so much more.
Founder | Editor-in-chief | Social Media Manager
Gaming is a passion and I wanted to share my Xbox enthusiasm. That’s why I started LifeisXbox, to make sure gamers all around the world know what games they should buy or avoid. I would like to thank you for visiting my website. Your support is very welcome and I hope you stick around!