Far into the future, where spaceships are flying around from planet to planet in order to do interstellar trades, it is up to you to board your very own ship and discover the universe. Pandora Galaxy is SimplexCode’s latest game, which has been around since July of this year. But now I finally got the chance to explore new planets, meet new people, and make as much money as I can through trading objects.
We played Pandora Galaxy for 7.5 hours on PC
What we liked!
- Graphics & sound: When you take a look at the graphics of the game you can say that they are simplistic and not the very best. But personally, I really like the style the way it is designed. The basic shapes of the spaceships or the way the planets and the cosmos look, just creates a good vibe. Then there is the sound which basically works in the same way as the graphics. It’s nothing big or special but it perfectly fits the theme of the game and kind of completes it. One small thing is that it is constantly looping, which after a while can get a bit annoying.
- Adventure: During the game, you are on an adventure to explore the galaxy but at the same time your goal is to find out what is up with Pandora’s mystery box. The developers did a great job of combining these two objectives. You will have to progress through exploring and trading, but meanwhile, when you visit some planets to do your business, you will learn more about the plot of the game.
- Trading: One of the key aspects, or actually the most important one, is trading. During the game, you need to earn money to buy goods on one planet and sell them on another for more money. This way you can edit your spaceship so it’s able to travel further and carry more goods to trade. Some planets even have their own special goods which sell for more money on other planets but you have to be careful though. Once you sell something the price for your next piece will drop. So you can’t just simply fly over again between two planets and sell things unlimited. There’s a bit of stategic thinking involved!
- Nothing: While playing the game there was nothing that was between the good or the bad points. I simply like or disliked it certain things.
What we disliked
- Repetitive: After a while, the game gets really repetitive. Of course, you progress with the story of the game. But the main aspect is still trading, and I really like how they put it in there with the prices dropping or raising, etc. However, you constantly have to do the same thing over and over again and it just gets boring and it takes away any fun the game offers.
LifeisXbox.eu is the largest Belgian Xbox centered website, your reading time is greatly appreciated! Please consider sharing this review with your friends on social media, that means a lot for us! If you are Dutch speaking also consider joining our Dutch exclusive Facebook group Xbox Gamers Belgium.