Review Stories of Bethem: Full Moon | LifeisXbox can’t see in the future, normally we’ll never see a Zelda game for Xbox. We have to be glad with something similar. Stories of Bethem from GuGames is a good example. It doesn’t have the same greatness like Nintendo’s Zelda but gamers will have fun with Stories of Bethem. Let’s take a look at the review!
- Graphics are a pure nostalgia experience, for some reason it reminded me a lot about Pokémon Red/Blue. While it’s repetitive (check “The Bad”) the artstyle is good enough to be enjoyed.
- To my surprise the main character Khoma doesn’t have a melee attack, making the combat system different than other similar games. You can only attack with spells, it lacks a little with variation but the overall gameplay feels fresh and fun.
- 20 hours exploration and fighting gameplay for only €8, it’s pretty rare seeing such a nice price for so many content. It’s not a habit for us to talk about the price but Stories of Bethem could have been €15, and nobody would have complained.
- Best thing about Bethem isn’t the exploration or fighting but the really fun, brain hurting balloon puzzles. Not something I have played before. Shooting a balloon in specific ways to get it to reach a spot, it sounds easy but the solution wasn’t always obvious.
- In the beginning you have many inaccessible areas, common for the genre. Xbox’s best example for this is Ori and the Blind Forest. Positive about this is the new abilities you get so the game stays fresh and the rewarding feeling you get for finding previously encountered hidden spots. The negative is the backtracking, I don’t mind if this is required for some parts but Stories of Bethem overused it. Adding unnecessary game lenght.
- Graphics are a pure nostalgia experience, for some reason it reminded me a lot about Pokémon Red/Blue. While it’s repetitive (check “The Bad”) the artstyle is good enough
- Gamers that started playing a few years ago will know most of the game’s royal free soundtrack. That’s not a bad thing but not all music fitted the world. You do have a few great classics though and I’m sure most players will love them.
- What I really disliked was the repetitiveness, you get hours and hours of the same graphical content. A little bit more effort for more unique parts in the world wouldn’t have been a bad thing.
Score: 65% | Stories of Bethem: Full Moon is a good game with a few shortcomings. Gamers won’t regret buying it but in a few years you don’t really remember what it was about. I’m curious to see if the developer will continue with the franchise because it has potential to become something better.
Founder | Editor-in-chief | Social Media Manager
Gaming is a passion and I wanted to share my Xbox enthusiasm. That’s why I started LifeisXbox, to make sure gamers all around the world know what games they should buy or avoid. I would like to thank you for visiting my website. Your support is very welcome and I hope you stick around!