Review Awesomenauts Assemble! | I’m always up for playing some co-op games with my girlfriend and I was glad to finally see this game on Xbox One. Previous releases on other consoles already proved that it was fun to play, but did the developer mess up the Xbox One version? Luckily they didn’t, read all about it in this review!
- Mixing a MOBA with 2D platforming was a brilliant idea. I’m always happy to see that a developer thinks outside the box and Awesomenauts Assemble is a fine example. A refreshing gameplay experience that welcomes casual and experienced gamers.
- While very overwhelming the customization is absolutely mind-blowing, you have quite a few characters to choose from and they all have different ways of upgrading specific abilities. I would say how you upgrade is your own choice but the more you play the game the more you will adapt to what other players take. Just like for example Overwatch it’s crucial to have a good diverse team.
- The soundtrack for Awesomenauts Assemble is fantastic, I’m pretty sure that ill be singing Froggy G’s theme song when I’m thirty years older. I might not remember where it’s from but damn, what a catchy tune.
- Crazy bunch of characters give the game personality and replay value. Mastering all of them will be time-consuming but you’ll definitely find a favorite.
- Another reason why the game has personality is the very good-looking art design, characters and the levels look very nice and have that special touch that many games try to achieve but fail to do so. Hats off to the developer for making such a nice, colorful world.
- I’m pretty sure many gamers link the MOBA genre with difficult controls. That’s not the case with Awesomenauts! All your abilities are mapped on one button and moving around and aiming is very intuitive. It’s a joy running and jumping around, making it accessible for every player.
- You can play it alone, online or with a local friend. Me and my girlfriend have been playing online matches and it was a blast. The required teamwork, and cursing when the plan didn’t work make it a wonderful experience to play with friends. I’m pretty confident that this game will have a bright online future on Xbox Live!
- With so many characters and ways of upgrading abilities it would have been very useful to have some sort of tutorial on how to use all of them. It’s very obvious in online matches that many players don’t know how to play a character.
- Balance isn’t 100% but it doesn’t ruin the fun. Playing online against a team that abuses this will become annoying but it doesn’t happen often. Still, it’s worth mentioning that some characters are simply better for winning games.
Score: 89% | Playing Awesomenauts Assemble with a friend is a wonderful experience. Finally Xbox One gamers can play this ridiculously fun MOBA inspirated game with some of the most wacky characters you’ll find on the console.