We’re always looking for extra talented writers to give our readers even more content! Writing reviews, opinion pieces or visiting events takes time and obviously effort. On this page you’ll read what we expect from you and what you can expect from us!
What do we expect from you?
- Your English doesn’t have to be perfect but good enough to write engaging, funny and informative reviews.
- Don’t underestimate the time needed for reviewing games! The most time consuming part is playing the game, you would be surprised how many people write reviews about a game that they barely played. This annoys me and I don’t want to see this for LifeisXbox reviews. You are required to finish the game and play more than three hours with the online modes (if the game has it)
- Writing three reviews each month shouldn’t scare you. In extremely busy months this will be even more.
- Love for gaming. I understand that everyone wants to review the big games immediately, trust me when I say that with LifeisXbox you’ll get big games faster than anywhere else. But you shouldn’t shy away from smaller, less popular games too. We have a “we want to review everything” approach, so most if the times you will be playing and writing about indie-games, as you simply have more of those.
- You need to have a Facebook account and join our group chat. I expect you to participate and keep informed what we say in this chat.
- We have a PC and Xbox team. We are currently looking for people for both teams.
- You need to be able to communicate and keep deadlines or NDA’s in mind
What can you expect from us?
- We can’t pay you as LifeisXbox doesn’t make money and I don’t plan on doing it any different. This is a choice I made from the beginning and I still stand by this. Ads on websites are annoying, so I don’t want them on my website.
- You get games, lots of them. We receive 99% of our requested review games, I ask who wants to do what game in the Facebook group and decide who ends up doing it.
- We reach two million readers each year, so your work will get noticed!
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with attached:
- Who are you? (400-500 words)
- A game review example (750+ words)