INSIDE REVIEW | Playdead’s previous game Limbo was incredible, an experience that stood out and many gamers loved it. Believe it or not but Inside is an even greater journey that is full of mind blowing game design and storytelling. Read all about it in this Inside review!
- Inside is the most beautiful game I ever played, every environment, every objects is full with small details that you don’t expect from a 2D mechanic. The lighting engine, the water effects, dust particles and more, the amount of polish is shockingly awesome. They worked more than five years on it and it shows. I have never seen a game with so many little details.
- The same can be said about the animations, you have to see it to believe it. It simply shows that developer Playdead spend hours, days and months on each little animation.
- Inside’s 2D mechanic is brought to life with wisely chosen camera angles. Always showing you exactly what you need to see.
- It’s important that you play this game right now, the ending is honestly the best thing I ever played. You will never guess what happens and I have to applause Playdead for doing what they did. It’s mind blowing, has the best animations I have ever seen in a game and is food for your nightmares. An unforgettable experience.
- From start to finish Inside is memorable, I can easily say more than ten things that gave me goosebumps and shocked me. The game manages to make me smile, feel scared or emotional. Honestly didn’t get to experience this much before in videogames.
- Satisfying puzzles that never feel hard or repetitive, the solution is always right infront you. More importantly they all felt unique and I never had a been there done that feeling.
- Great graphics, great animations but the sound is even better. Footsteps, splashing in water, breaking objects or atmosphere sound it’s bloody brilliant.
- When a game is great you always have that disappointing feeling when you finish it. With inside that ending comes a little fast, after 4-5 hours you will end your unbelievable journey with little replay value.
Score: 100% | Please, do yourself a favor and buy Inside right now before you get spoiled. From the beginning Inside is an unforgettable experience that every gamer has to play. What makes it even more unforgettable are the last gameplay moments, I’m still shocked about it. Developer Playdead has done impossible work, I’m still baffled that only 25 people can make a game like Inside, it’s simply mind-blowingly good.