Guns, Gore & Cannoli, the name itself deserves some credit but the game too. Made by the Belgian Crazy Monkey Studios they make me, a Belgian gamer really proud!
– Buy this, Capiche?
Xbox One already has a few 2D side-scrolling action games but Guns, Gore & Cannoli stands out with it’s humor and mafia setting with zombies. With a lovely art style, big variety of enemy types and balanced difficulty the game stays fresh in the pretty short story mode. For an indie-game the voiced dialogues are spot on, although I find it weird that the subtitles and voiced conversations don’t always match. While adventuring with character Vinnie you’ll come across some nice looking colorful environments and hordes of enemies, you’re not alone though since you can play local co-op
- Voiced actors are really good
- The humor is spot on with the mafia setting
- Art design and character design is really good
- Co-op mode is great but only local
- Some extra replay value would have been welcome
- A few noticeable frame drops when playing