A musical platform game can fail miserably when only one negative thing arises. Luckily this isn’t the case for BeatBuddy: Tale of the Guardians. Every beat is right and that makes it memorable.
— You know a game is great when you are dancing in your gaming chair
The very first song you hear in the menu will make you move your legs and it doesn’t end with that. Beatbuddy is a musical platform game with gorgeous hand-drawn visuals and an incredible soundtrack. Just like Ori and the Blind Forest it has something special that sucks your attention on screen, it doesn’t feature the same great gameplay from Ori but the experience, with the music, makes it an unforgettable joyride. A few performance issues should be mentioned and its lacking in variety but the beat dropping gameplay makes up for that.
- One of a kind soundtrack
- Although repetitive, the gameplay literally rocks
- Gorgeous and smart level design
- Exploration for hidden gems gives some replay value
- Fun Extras that you unlock with hidden gems, shows how they made the game in a comic book fashion.
- A few hidden loading screens that freezes your screen for 1-2 seconds.
- Vehicular movement can be annoying